- This event has passed.
Mindfulness Skills For A Balanced Life
February 20, 2018 @ 18:30 - 20:30 AEDT
Mindfulness is focused, non-judgmental awareness that is open and compassionate. Learning an attitude of mindfulness allows us to develop greater clarity and perspective, which in turn empowers us to respond to difficulties appropriately and less reactively.
Science confirms that the practice of sitting and letting go of thoughts not only induces the body’s natural relaxation response, but can also shrink the brain’s stress centre, strengthen the immune system, weaken the expression of harmful genes, and increase your cancer-fighting cells by 50%.
This 4-week Mindfulness course will teach you strategies to manage stress, strong emotions, physical pain, by introducing you to both the theory and practice of Mindfulness.
You will learn
* Why your body and brain respond to stress as they do and what to do about it
* How mindfulness can help you manage both physical and emotional pain, including strong anxiety and panic
* How to relax, sleep better and improve your brain’s capacity to focus and concentrate, making you more productive and creative at work and study
* How to befriend yourself with kindness and compassion, becoming your own best friend and letting go of unhelpful judgments of self and others
* How to engage with positive emotions to enhance your optimism and happiness
Your course fees include:
* 8 hours of face-to-face guided tuition in the practice of mindfulness
* A download of our Two Volume Meditation Bundle valued at $39.95 from the Mind Coaching Australia Shop
* A free group meditation session valued at $20 after completion of the course
Share this post
Add YOUR event to the LivingNow Event Calendar!
Submissions are available FREE to businesses listed in the directory with paid up CONNECT BUSINESS or CONNECT PREMIUM subscriptions.
For more information go to the directory.
Note that all events are moderated, may be edited and can take time to be published.