The 23rd September marks the spring equinox as the Sun moves from Virgo into Libra, a dynamic and inspirational time of year when the days become longer than the nights.
Spring Equinox – Feeling Lighter, Brighter & Fresher
The 23rd September marks the spring equinox as the Sun moves from Virgo into Libra, a dynamic and inspirational time of year when the days become longer than the nights. Symbolically this is a time to remain open physically and emotionally to keep the energy flowing and consider what changes or improvements you would like to see over the coming months. Many people choose to lead a healthier lifestyle or change their diet. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
Seven Top Tips for a Great Spring
- Get up an hour earlier each morning for a whole month and spend that extra hour doing all those jobs you’ve been putting off for ages.
- Clean out the kitchen, fridge, freezer and pantry – throw away all the out of date stuff and food you’ll never eat.
- Pamper yourself with a massage, facial, hot bath or relaxing spa – scrub off all that old winter skin.
- Get out in the fresh air, smell the flowers, breathe deeply and feel the sunshine on your body.
- Plan a day or weekend in the country with friends and family.
- Spring is all about feeling, lighter, brighter and fresher. Think about the thing that is weighing you down the most and how you could change it. Be creative!
- Give thanks for all the good things in your life and the new experiences coming your way.
September Lunar Eclipse – Breaking Down Self-Limiting Beliefs
The September full moon falls on the 17th in water sign Pisces as the earth’s shadow eclipses the light of the full moon. This lunar eclipse will help break down self-limiting beliefs and thought patterns, enabling us to see life with greater clarity. Expect deep emotions to rise from the unconscious to be processed and integrated.
The September eclipses (solar eclipse on the 1st and lunar eclipse on the 17th) are tied in with the ongoing square angle between Saturn in Sagittarius and Neptune in Pisces, an aspect that challenges us to turn our dreams into reality through focus, determination and action.
Sun in Libra – Finding Your Inner Partner
This year, the Sun will travel through air sign Libra from 23rd September until 24th October. Libra is the seventh sign of the zodiac with keywords “I balance” and “I seek my other half”. Those born under the sign of the Scales promote love and harmony and teach us about the importance of give and take. They adore relationships, are often cultured or artistic and are experts in charm, diplomacy and negotiation. Negatively, Librans can be superficial, indecisive, manipulative or dependent and because they hate unpleasantness or disagreement, they often avoid conflict and bury their heads in the sand. In medical astrology, Libra rules the kidneys, lumbar region and skin, so when Librans are out of balance they tend to suffer from lower back pain, kidney problems, urinary tract problems and skin diseases such as eczema. The Libra colours are ivory, pink, turquoise and blue. Libra’s greatest lesson is to learn to develop their ‘inner partner’ and become whole rather than seek an outer partner to feel complete.
September Moon Calendar
Launch projects at the New Moon, bring them to completion in the period from just before the Full Moon to the Third Quarter phase and wind them down and reflect on developments in the week before the next New Moon. Important events such as parties, conferences and weddings are best held close to the Full Moon or when the Moon is in the same sign as your Sun (or Star) sign.
Full Moon 17th
Stella Woods is an astrology teacher and consultant based in St Kilda, Melbourne.
Share this post